Preventive Dentistry - Healthy teeth for life
At Goma Dental our aim is to establish and maintain healthy teeth and gums for our patients for the rest of their lives. We deliver a high standard of preventive dental care and cover all aspects of general dentistry.
Preventive Dentistry aims to reduce the required dental restorations in your lifetime - minimising your risk of developing tooth decay and Gum Disease.
Mastering the art of good dental hygiene is a fundamental component of Preventive Dentistry care.
Top Tips for Brushing Teeth -
- Brush your teeth at least twice per day (after breakfast and after dinner).
- Brush with a soft round bristle toothbrush.
- Place your toothbrush where the gum meets the tooth, at a 45degree angle (enabling you to clean under the gum line). Bacteria accumulate along the tooth at the gum line, so it is essential to focus on this area.
- Brush your gums very gently. (The correct brushing motion is a circular massaging technique along the gum line rather than vigorous brushing back and forth. Vigorous brushing can injure your gums.)
- Use a tongue scraper to clean your tongue which will remove additional bacteria and freshen your breath.
- Replace your toothbrush every three to four months or after an illness, whichever comes first.
- Use a toothpaste with added fluoride for cavity protection.
It is essential to floss your teeth at least once each day for optimal dental health. When you brush teeth, you are removing plaque from the surface of your teeth...